PURPOSE OF GREEN COMPANY EFFECT
The purpose of GCE is to connect companies (+schools, organizations, cities or any legal entity) and consumers in one platform to make sustainability efforts visible and transparent, and to raise awareness. Companies find business partners and customers and get inspiration for doing more sustainable actions. Consumers find sustainable companies and can make responsible choices. GCE is a global service. Sustainability covers environmental and social aspects, and the key targets for all actions follow those set in the UNs 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) http://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/sustainable-development-goals/. GCE does not rate the impact of the sustainable actions in any way.
ROLES OF PARTICIPANTS
Company (any legal organization) creates a GCE company profile including a sustainability promise, main goal for sustainable work (choice from the UNs 17 SDG list) and optionally other related sustainability information like sustainability certificates or groups. A registered company posts “deeds”. Deeds are actions having a positive impact on sustainability in accordance with any one of the UN’s 17 SDG goals. A deed is preferably supported by a picture or video. Companies can follow, comment and share own or other companies deeds in GCE or in other social media (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin). Company can invite other companies to join GCE. Activity in GCE will give GCE credits, which will raise the visibility of the company. A company can also buy GCE credits. A company can buy Premium membership, which allows a company to see who is following them and to build partner networks with other companies, own brands and subsidiaries. A company can buy help and consultancy from GCE. Your company profile and the main users personal contact information is public to all users of GCE. Also, following a company will make your personal name and company visible to a company if the company is a Premium Member.
Registered users (any real person) can search, follow, like, comment (if allowed by company) and share deeds. Registered user profiles are not visible publicly BUT following a company will make your personal name and company visible to a company if the company is a Premium Member. Unregistered users (any real person) can search and view company.
With the acceptance of following terms you have understood and agree to follow them when using GCE:
- All content published in GCE is sole responsibility of you as a representative of the publishing company/entity/organization. You are responsible for all activity and content that occurs under your profile or the company/entity/organization you represent or that is done under your name as a registered user. You are responsible for keeping your password secure. You may report misuse or close the account at any time. GCE is not responsible for any content published by companies or other users of the service.
- You will have the rights to the content, materials and all information, GCE does not claim any ownership to the published materials or content. However, GCE has the right to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly present, reproduce and translate any published content and use it in analysis, presentations, marketing and sales materials and publications.
- When you create your GCE account, you must provide us with accurate and complete information. If you open an account on behalf of a company, organization, or other entity, then it means you personally and the company/organization/entity you represent. You guarantee that you are authorized to represent the company and also are authorized to bind it to these terms
- You agree that all published information in your profile and in deeds is described as accurately and truthfully as possible thus not misleading the reader.
- You must be 13 years or older to use the GCE site.
- All materials and comments posted on GCE site must comply with laws of your jurisdiction or the laws of Finland. You may not post any sexually suggestive materials or comments including anything that promotes adult sexual services. You may not post any violent material or any material that could be a risk to individuals or companies.
- You may not post any direct sales adverts on your products / services.
- You must not abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate other GCE users. You must not create or submit unwanted email or comments to other GCE members.
- You may not use GCE for any unauthorized or illegal purpose stated in your jurisdiction or in the law of Finland, including but not limited to copyright laws. You are obligated to pay full compensation to GCE for any damage caused by breaching these terms or unlawful activity.
- GCE trade marks (whether registered or unregistered) such as graphics, logos, designs, page headers and button icons are the intellectual property rights of GCE and neither they nor any similar versions may be used.
- In exempt, registered companies who have created a profile may use the GCE logo on their digital portals and digitally distributed materials and media, but not in products or printed materials unless the company has Premium Membership active or with a special agreement made with GCE. GCE has the right to deny the company to use the GCE logo, if GCE graphic guidelines are violated or if the use is considered inappropriate.
- You agree that we may provide notices to you in the following ways: (1) a banner notice on the service, or (2) an email sent to an address you provided, or (3) through other means including telephone or mail. You agree to keep your contact information up-to-date.
- If you purchase any of our paid services including but not restricted to Premium Membership and consultation, you agree to pay us the applicable fees and taxes. Your purchase may be subject to foreign exchange fees or differences in prices based on location (e.g. exchange rates). Failure to pay these fees may result in the termination of your subscription. GCE does not offer refunds. GCE may change its pricing, but your subscription and fee will not be changed without your permission. Your subscription will cancel automatically if you do not want to renew the subscription.
- Premium Membership will continue automatically as a monthly payment. You can cancel the membership any time and the fee will no longer be charged.
- GCE follows the GDPR practises in protecting your data. GCE will handle your personal information in accordance with the requirements in laws regarding the use of personal information.
- GCE service is normally available always, but there will be occasions when the site is not available due to maintenance or upgrades or due to failure of telecommunications links and equipment that are beyond the control of GCE. GCE will not be liable to you for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the GCE, or the loss of any content.
- GCE reserves the right, for any reason and without prior notice or liability, to terminate or suspend access to our services immediately.
- If you are not satisfied with the GCE service you can stop using it at any time. GCE is not liable to give any refunds or compensation for your dissatisfaction.
- GCE reserves the right to modify the service content and features or to terminate the service for any reason, without notice at any time.
If you have any questions about these terms, please contact us at email@example.com.